Monday 21 December 2009

R.A.T.M Xmas No.1

Rage Against The Machine Is Christmas No.1 2009

As Hatemanu will know and laugh at, I'm about the last human alive who is NOT on Facebook. I don't have any great desire to be either despite being asked several times.

It does have it's plus side though and this is one.

I have no idea why "Killing In The Name" or indeed Rage Against The Machine was picked but a mighty well done to whoever started the Facebook campaign. I've liked this track for as long as it's been released (91 or 92 I think) and can't believe it's a UK Christmas Number 1!!

I have long since lost total interest in the charts due to the domination of utter bollocks from The X-Factor. Drivel of the lowest level made for children and grandparents alike. Mass market ballad sickness. If I was ever captured behind enemy lines, torturing me would be easy - just a couple of Simon Cowell puppet-ballads and I'd be done for.

This is the unedited version of the 5-Live link up.....



What Shelagh said!!

Poor old Shelagh Fogarty - "Quick get rid of it" and then "just buy the other record".

..I think the UK just said "Fuck You I Won't Do What You Tell Me" to her and Simon Cowell. Happy Christmas.

No comments: