Sunday 11 October 2009

5FDP Review

Five Finger Death Punch - My Review

I have to admit really liking these guys after hearing their debut album and then the follow up which has not long been released.

I've always liked hard rock / various forms of metal but never particularly liked screamed vocals - this has plenty, but also has enough good clean vocals to clamp people like me, and now I'm hooked.

The first album (The Way Of The Fist) is heavier than the second in my opinion, not that the second is soft but the slower ones are definitely not as heavy. Probably like many people I heard "The Bleeding" and thought it was excellent and went from there with the rest of the album. Most of the record follows a "screamed/growled" verse and "sung" chorus which works very well.



Certainly on the first album there isn't a track I don't like whereas on the second there are a couple which get skipped. On the second CD (War Is The Answer),"Dying Breed" is a really brutal start and "Hard To See" is a great single. "No One Gets Left Behind" is my personal fave.



I've since bought a few albums from bands I probably wouldn't have before. 36 Crazyfists, All That Remains and Atreyu, finding some really good stuff in there. It would appear my musical taste has certainly got heavier in the last few months having had no temptation to buy albums from Muse and Editors who I've followed both from the start due to very average sounding singles.

Lyrically there may be a flaw or two with 5FDP but I'm not going to argue with Ivan and his boys! I'd love to see em' live!

No comments: