Sunday 26 October 2008

Missing Ajax

Last Minute Substitution

You don't play Ajax at home very often.

I'd been looking forward to it for ages, seeing such a famous European name on a big floodlit night at Villa Park. It wasn't to be though.

On Wednesday night within an hour of being perfectly OK, I was struck by a virus and ended up being sick nearly twenty times during the night. With absolutely no sleep at all I attempted to go to work the next day, hoping it would be a better soloution to making the match later.



I knew by lunchtime it wouldn't happen and got sent home anyway early afternoon. Fortunately between them, my two top buddies, Hatemanu & Spanner managed to sell my ticket so at least avoiding paying £25 and not seeing the match.

I got home around 3 O'clock, slept for a bit and watched Spurs. The next thing I know it's 11.30pm and I've missed the lot. I actually saw the result on teletext - I knew we'd win. Luckily I'd Sky+d the game as I'd anticipated being there so I still got to see it the next day, but obviously it wasn't the same. I hope the lad who got my ticket appreciates how lucky he was.

A fantastic night and win for Aston Villa - just totally gutted I wasn't there.

No comments: