Friday 29 August 2008

Marg Ginger - 17 Years

Mark Ginger - RIP

Mark Ginger died August 30, 1991 in a motorway accident.

He was Aston Villa through and through, travelled everywhere with our lot and was just one of the lads. The trip to Milan in 1990 had been a real highlight for all of us, we'd had such a great time there.

Mark was a Gloucester boy for which we naturally gave him stick, but he gave us plenty back and we loved him to bits. We were totally devastated when he died so young and I can't really believe it's 17 years as I write this now. Seventeen years, where has that time gone? I'll never forget finding out the next morning or having to break the news to some of the lads.

I remember arranging a supporters match in his memory a few days after the funeral - It was always a pain in the arse organising our lot for a game of football but this time everyone was available without hesitation and it showed the respect everyone had for Mark.

We used to create a little fanzine just for our lot who travelled on the coach everywhere and me, Mark and Aaron were the major contributors. I still have the fanzines in the garage and they hold great memories for me. It was called "Marchants Lions" in recognition of the bus company that used to look after us.

Thinking of you mate, if I don't make it down the Crem over the weekend I'm sorry. Miss you like mad sunshine.

Holte Enders in the Sky - RIP.

No comments: